What you'll find on this website
Welcome to Digital Learning by Mark Pegrum. In these pages, you’ll find a regularly updated set of resources about digital learning, the place where digital technologies and education intersect. The website has four main sections.
- The initial overview of digital learning focuses on key themes related to the use of digital technologies in education. It covers learning design, an increasingly important competency for educators, as well as digital literacies and coding, which are core skills that both educators and students need to develop. It goes on to describe the concepts behind PLNs (personal learning networks), PLEs (personal learning environments) and e-portfolios, all of which can be used to support learning and assessment. It wraps up with an overview of issues around digital safety, privacy, reputation and health.
- The section on tools for digital learning surveys the evolution of digital learning from web 1.0 through web 2.0 to web 3.0, and the arrival of mobile learning. Under each of these categories it offers succinct accounts of the major associated digital tools, platforms and techniques, ranging from blogs and wikis through to virtual reality and augmented reality.
- The section on keeping up with digital learning contains suggestions on how to stay abreast of this rapidly evolving field, from attending conferences and consulting journals to checking out social media discussions. It also contains extensive bibliographies of publications on digital learning in general and mobile learning in particular.
- The final section contains information about Mark Pegrum, the creator of these pages, including his teaching, research and other activities.
If you have any questions or would like to leave me any feedback about this site, please see the contact me page.
Latest on TwitterMy Tweets
- FINDING OUR (ONLINE) FEET January 17, 20222021 Wrap-up Perth, Australia 17 January 2022 As we all know by now, 2021 turned out to be yet another year of global challenges and widespread suffering due to the evolving situation with COVID-19. Nevertheless, we were able to build on a number of the lessons learned in 2020, engaging in some creative forms of […]